Spicy Shakshuka Egg Skillet
4 slices of Arnold Buttermilk bread, toasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup onion, chopped
½ –1 cup tomato sauce
½ teaspoon minced garlic
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and divided
⅛ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, add the onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, minced garlic, red pepper flakes (if using), salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon parsley and cook until mixture begins to thicken (approximately 5 minutes).
- Crack eggs into 2 small bowls.
- With a large spoon, make 2 indentations in the tomato mixture and pour 1 egg into each indentation.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover skillet.
- Cook until egg whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve with toasted bread.
ESTA RECETA ESTA HECHA CON